The Mind's Eye

The Mind's Eye . . . the ability to "see" things with the mind. Which is essentially a reference to things imagined. Imagination...the creation of images and/or ideas that don't already exist. Sit back, relax and "watch" as my mind's eye reflects my imagination.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I am an aspiring writer out of NC. I started writing at the age of 14 with simple poems and stories. Which finally turned into a full fledged novel. I have 2 in the works. I enjoy "attempting" to play the guitar.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Pseudonyms, Stage Names and Monikers

Okay so, I have been debating and debating on a stage name. I love my name, Tiyatti Shavona Speight, don't get my wrong, but sometimes I want a name that can define me and what I do or who I am. Something other than my gov't name. So I had narrowed it down. Pensive, which means musingly or dreamily thoughtful. I actually liked that. But...it had only one meaning. You basically knew what it meant once you heard it. So I wanted something that had more than one meaning all in one meaning, if you can understand that.

So I asked around and one person who is absolutely insane (in a good way of course) came up with a few. Some that I just wasn't feeling and mostly ones that she was just throwing off the tope of his head. But she finally came up with one that I was definitely feeling...neXXus. Now, for those of you who don't know what nexus means, it means a casual link or a connection, OR it's the center or focal point. I really like that. What I write and the things I say is the connection between me and the world. Not to mention, I am the focal point. Ha Ha. Now, I chose the two capital X's for a reason. I always had a thing for chromosomes. XX is the chormosome for the female. XY is for the male. ( just a lil lesson for ya!) So I am neXXus, the feminine link to the world. If that makese sense. Okay so when I actually get the damn definition and all that other stuff down, I will definitely rewrite this because I may have lost some people with that. If so...who cares.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go NeXXus!!! I wish you all the best with your endeavors. Love,


O.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like that spelling more then any of the other ones you mentioned to me, plus your meaning behind it is interesting, me likey :)

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home