The Mind's Eye

The Mind's Eye . . . the ability to "see" things with the mind. Which is essentially a reference to things imagined. Imagination...the creation of images and/or ideas that don't already exist. Sit back, relax and "watch" as my mind's eye reflects my imagination.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I am an aspiring writer out of NC. I started writing at the age of 14 with simple poems and stories. Which finally turned into a full fledged novel. I have 2 in the works. I enjoy "attempting" to play the guitar.

Monday, May 30, 2005

The Smallest Things

They say the smallest things leave lasting impressions, the smallest things matters most. In this case, the smallest things catches a readers eye and gives the writers migraines. That's right, the synopsis. You know, that little small paragraph on the back of the book. The paragraph that draws you in. Yeah that. The synopsis. Now, I'm on chapter 14 of my novel and I've been avoiding writing one like it has the plague. But I did it. It took me a while to do it. Along with the help of a few friends, I think I have it. Emphasis on "I think." So here goes...something

Abandoned by her father and ditched by her ex boyfriend, Passion DeWitt steers clear of love and decides to cleanse her soul by reciting poetry. She meets Devin Jones, owner of Poets' Corner, and her decision to stay away from love is tested. Devin is spellbound by her emotional display. He speaks the right words and finally breaks down her barriers. All is well with the two until a family secret sends Devin fleeing and Passion's ex boyfriend comes back to claim what he believes is rightfully his. Will Passion and Devin fight for their love or will their poetic words all be in vain?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where there is heat there is fire....where there is fire there is life...I am enjoying your genesis...

I will watch your growth as a writer with passionate interest.

While the synopsis may seem tedious, it is no less important than any of the other parts of your work, and it is an opportunity for you to give your readers/audience that taste....that scent...that lingering aroma that will lead them to crack the book. It also allow you to look at your work with introspection and ask: "is this synopsis REALLY what this piece is about?"


You know me...and you know I am VERY impressed with you...you'll be on the best seller's list, sooner than later...

holla

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The synposis is the hardest thing to put together for something with less details. One reason for me is, I don't know how to condense because I'm a man of details. You are on point with this one. Keep up the good work and maybe I can learn to condense my work.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home