The Mind's Eye

The Mind's Eye . . . the ability to "see" things with the mind. Which is essentially a reference to things imagined. Imagination...the creation of images and/or ideas that don't already exist. Sit back, relax and "watch" as my mind's eye reflects my imagination.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I am an aspiring writer out of NC. I started writing at the age of 14 with simple poems and stories. Which finally turned into a full fledged novel. I have 2 in the works. I enjoy "attempting" to play the guitar.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Feminism

Feminism. The movement, the growth, the empowerment of women. Women are often defined by physical characteristics. Only on a small scale and by a small amount are women defined by other graces. Such as...knowledge. The ability to raise a family alone. The ability to carry the burdens of an army and still continue her crusade. Still continue to rise above the derogatory and demeaning ways of the world and walk with her head held high. In a sense a woman is poetry. Usually on the outside being worded and reworded into what society think she may be or should be. But never who she really is.

I am poetry...lyrically inclined...lyrically free...to touch the inner spirit...express the inner me
Fluidly flowing through the veins of my listeners and my watchers...I am poetry as my eyes rhyme with my nose and my nose with my mouth...intricately creating the stanza known as my face...I am poetry as my mind enlightens yours...broadens your horizons...changes opinions...I am poetry as you get lost in my metaphors and similes and my words for beautiful haiku...and the poetically illiterate bashfully says "bless you"... unaware of the strength of my voice...the power of my knowledge...I am poetry...redefined on a daily basis to fit the needs of your mouth...to fit your stereotypical definition of...poetry...from the opening line that holds your attention...to the last word that allows that sigh of relief...I am me...I am woman...I am poetry

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite...
Love your writings nice work. Can't wait to see your novels completed.

Sabas

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was truly impressive. Well written and I loved the commentary. Keep the blogs coming.

H.D.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home